[Vm-dev] How to build OSProcess plugin

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Jan 25 19:08:59 UTC 2008

On Jan 25, 2008, at 10:06 AM, Mathieu Suen wrote:

> So I am able to build a  carbon VM from XCode.
> But where is the best place to put the *.xcodeproj from the plugin?

Doesn't matter, but I've been thinking about doing builds in the
squeak platform tree lately in order to simplify this.

> For UnixOSProcessPlugin I was able to build the bundle. I have a
> directory UnixOSProcessPlugin.bundle
> in the Release directory.
> AFAIK the finder should not let me see the
> UnixOSProcessPlugin.bundle as a plain directory but more like a
> package?

you are missing the PkgInfo
See the xcode 3.x feature GENERATE_PKGINFO_FILE

Forces the PkgInfo file to be written to wrapped products even if this
file is not expected. [GENERATE_PKGINFO_FILE]

Likely this is missing from the xcode project and I likely just hand
copied the PkgInfo file over which makes it a bundle versus a folder

> For UnixOSProcessPlugin I need to fix a lot of things:
> - Version of Gcc was 3.3 I have to fix it with 4.0.
> - All the source path had  root directory set to somethings
> like ../../Document/Squeak3.8/etc..
> - the file InfoPlist.strings is missing

I used gcc 3.3 for powerpc, it's possible the dev build is setup for
powerpc, versus macintel since I normally don't build both binaries
for developement, and I only switched to a macintel last may.

> Ok then now how do I include the bundle to the squeak VM?
> I know I could copy past to the Resource directory of the VM but is
> there a way to include it in the VM project?

Xcode can auto-copy the bundle to a target directory after the build.

--
=
=