[Vm-dev] X11 HostWindowPlugin (was: Re: ioGetWindowLabel/ioSetWindowLabel (was Re: How to use Croquet VMMaker)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Jul 19 14:28:13 UTC 2008

Bert,

Here is a snapshot of a partially implemented HostWindowPlugin
for X11. I have not looked at this in quite a while, but when
I last worked on it a number of things were functional (including
ioSetTitleOfWindow(), for whatever that may be worth).

Some of the support code is crudely hacked out of Ian's original
work, and I would anticipate some effort to make this right. In
particular, it was not clear to me how the X event dispatching
should ultimately work, and whether the host windows should behave
analogously to Squeak projects or if they were intended to be
more like passive display surfaces.

I could probably be motivated to pick this up again and/or to
help you with it, but in any case feel free to use this in any
way you like. MIT license of course, and the plagiarized parts
should be MIT because I stole them all from Ian ;)

Dave