[Vm-dev] Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Bug in object finalization?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Jun 19 00:42:37 UTC 2008

On 18-Jun-08, at 4:22 PM, John M McIntosh wrote:

> Well the *real* issue here is that VM level fixes just aren't
> properly tracked and place in the VM or NOT placed in the VM. The
> process I'm afraid just relies on too many
> folks remembering to check the bugs, acting on email flows to the vm-
> dev list or squeak list.

Well there is Mantis; currently I have 16 reports open, some of which
are suspended pending answers or information from other people.
For example, 6669 is waiting on info from Andreas
6828 is waiting on answers from anyone interested  (see [Vm-dev]
Mantis http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6828)
5228 is waiting on response from Ron
5236 is waiting on response from Andreas and/or Eliot (though mantis
claims I sent a reminder to 'iho' whoever that might be!)
7022 is waiting on a response from St. Expedite or St. Isidore (http://www.wired.com/culture/lifestyle/news/2004/11/65184
)
6966 is waiting on repsonse from kbrown and/or jmm

> What I would propose is say a monthly or even quarterly meeting/
> mailing? to co-ordinate the process to a better degree to ensure yes
> or no this fix is going into the VM.
Yes, something like that would be nice. Of course, a large part of the
problem has been that I've been busy for the last while and unable to
pay much attention, for which I must apologise. Right now I'm trying
to catch up and get things into a good enough state to make it
sensible to run a more open repository for VMMaker. Getting answers
from the above mentioned people would be a big help.

tim
Strange OpCodes: APX: Apply Power and eXplode