[Vm-dev] different behaviour for Carbon VM depending on how it's started

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Thu May 1 15:07:41 UTC 2008

Hi John,

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 4:30 PM, John M McIntosh
<johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> wrote:
>  If the launch came from the Finder, the Carbon process serial number is
> placed in argv (to see what I mean do a ps -ax and notice the -psn_*
> arguments).
>  Let me dig some more after I drop the teenager off at school.

thanks. :-)

One thing that occurred to a colleague and myself is that it might
have something to do with difficulties in resolving the path to the
python executable. Would the PATH environment variable be different,
depending on whether the VM is started from the command line, or from
the Finder?

Best,

Michael