[Vm-dev] VMMaker updating: Mantis 6828 and the future of copying files

Ken G. Brown kbrown at mac.com
Tue May 27 21:12:43 UTC 2008

At 1:27 PM -0700 5/27/08, Andreas Raab apparently wrote:
>Ken G. Brown wrote:
>>I have found at least:
>>
>>internal plugin B3DEnginePlugin generated as Squeak3D
>>internal plugin BalloonEnginePlugin generated as B2DPlugin
>>internal plugin BitBltSimulation generated as BitBltPlugin
>>internal plugin DSAPlugin generated as DSAPrims
>>internal plugin DeflatePlugin generated as ZipPlugin
>>internal plugin FFIPlugin generated as SqueakFFIPrims
>>internal plugin KlattSynthesizerPlugin generated as Klatt
>>internal plugin LargeIntegersPlugin generated as LargeIntegers
>>
>>Very confusing.
>
>But necessary to keep existing code running.
>
>Cheers,
>  - Andreas

I'm talking about moving forward with continuous incremental improvement when there is a chance to easily do so.
Those that need to stay in the past can easily do so and avoid using the new stuff, otherwise do the simple change to use the new.

I feel that if you always make compromises in the direction of backward compatibility, the quality of the way forward is also compromised.

Kinda like entering a race and intentionally trying for only second place.

Ken G. Brown