[Vm-dev] Mantis bug 215, JPEG plugin problems on Sparc

Andrew Gaylard ag at computer.org
Wed May 28 09:57:34 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 9:45 PM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> Does anyone care enough about this to spend time on it? Are there any
> running Sparc systems left?
>
> See http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=215

Yeah, I run on Solaris/SPARC.  I'll take a look when I get a chance.
Actually, this problem is likely to affect all non-x86 platforms, since most
(all?) of them require alignment.  So it's worth fixing.

While on the subject, my patches to get sound working on Solaris never got
merged.  There wasn't any explanation -- if they weren't of good enough
quality, I'd like to have known, so I could sort out the problem.  Anyone?

Andrew