[Vm-dev] coordination between the olpc and official svn branches

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Nov 10 17:08:01 UTC 2008

On 10.11.2008, at 10:14, José L. Redrejo Rodríguez wrote:

> Hi, I'm trying to maintain the squeak-vm in Debian, but everyday is
> being harder. I was using the trunk branch, but finally I have almost
> decided to give it up and I'm going to use the olpc branch.
> Changes from the olpc branch to trunk are being passed in a poor way:
> some directories are forgotten (Gstreamer or Ogg don't compile as the
> unix directories have been passed, but not the Cross ones),

The very latest in svn should compile, it has the missing files
(although in unic/src not Cross). Make sure you reconfigure to pick up
the new files after updating.

> fixes are not passed (pango support is broken in the trunk branch,
> etc)

What exactly is broken with Pango? If so it's indeed my fault to not
having passed on the fixes (I sent patches to Ian last week but I may
have missed something).

> So, please, I'd like to know if this is going to change, or if I just
> should give up, use the olpc branch and forgot about the "official"
> squeak-vm branch.

The olpc branch is about to be retired - it has served us as a faster-
paced development playground, but now that we  switch from invention
mode to maintenance mode, the trunk is the better place for things to
live on.

- Bert -