[Vm-dev] Re: [squeak-dev] Building (Linux) VM - with segfaults. that point to audio

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Nov 18 02:47:32 UTC 2008

primitiveSoundPlaySamples
primSoundPlaySamples
invokes
primitiveSoundPlaySamples
which calls
framesPlayed = snd_PlaySamplesFromAtLength(frameCount, (int)buf,
startIndex - 1);
which is the platform specific api for playing sound  (frameCount) at
buf starting at (startIndex -1)
on unix it's really snd->snd_PlaySamplesFromAtLength
so it dispatchs to the sound plugin for the unix's VM choice.

--
=
=