[Vm-dev] Building HydraVM from SVN (on Windows)

Joshua Gargus schwa at fastmail.us
Sat Sep 13 20:21:48 UTC 2008

(also posted to Squeak-dev)

Hi,

I checked out Hydra from SVN, and tried to build it with the normal
Win32 toolchain. When I cd into winbuild/ and type "make", I get the
following error:

Makefile:42 src/plugins.ext: No such file or directory
Makefile:43 src/plugins.int: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target 'src/plugins.int'. Stop.

I don't have a src/ directory at all, so I guess that I'm supposed to
use VMMaker to generate the sources. I assume that I first have to
modify VMMaker by applying Win32VMMaker.st, but to which VMMaker? Which
image should I start with (Croquet, Squeak-3.10, etc.)? Which
repository should I pull VMMaker from?

Thanks,
Josh