[Vm-dev] Building HydraVM from SVN (on Windows)

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 21:11:36 UTC 2008

2008/9/13 Joshua Gargus <schwa at fastmail.us>:

> (also posted to Squeak-dev)
>
> Hi,
>
> I checked out Hydra from SVN, and tried to build it with the normal
> Win32 toolchain. When I cd into winbuild/ and type "make", I get the
> following error:
>
> Makefile:42 src/plugins.ext: No such file or directory
> Makefile:43 src/plugins.int: No such file or directory
> make: *** No rule to make target 'src/plugins.int'. Stop.
>
> I don't have a src/ directory at all, so I guess that I'm supposed to
> use VMMaker to generate the sources.
Yes. I'm not in favor for holding a generated sources in SVN.

> I assume that I first have to
> modify VMMaker by applying Win32VMMaker.st, but to which VMMaker?
No, it is not necessary.

> Which
> image should I start with (Croquet, Squeak-3.10, etc.)?
For building VM - any image you like , you need an FFI package
installed before loading VMMaker.

> Which
> repository should I pull VMMaker from?

squeaksource/HydraVM

There is one issue with sqOldSoundPrims.c. Delete this file after
checking out from SVN.
If you'll have any other problems, just ask.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.