[Vm-dev] VM team

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Apr 11 17:56:48 UTC 2009

Sounds good to me. I see this more as a formalization of the arrangement
we already have, since you have been taking Tim's role lately with doing
most of the integration etc. So you've got my support here.

In terms of what to do I think what we most need is a bit more clarity
for people. For example, how does one actually set up a VMMaker image?
You kinda need bits from the four corners of the world and I don't think
the process is described anywhere. The shorthand in my VMMaker image says:
* Load Speech from http://source.squeakfoundation.org/39a
* Load FFI from Universes
* Load VMMaker from http://squeaksource.com/VMMaker
* Load Balloon3D-Constants, Balloon3D-Plugins from
http://squeaksource.com/Balloon3D
* Load Freetype somehow

This could certainly be improved. The simulator is another piece of the
story where we should spend enough time that it can actually be used for
simulation of various aspects. And then maybe fix the cruel and unusal
UI for VMMaker ;-)

Cheers,
   - Andreas