[Vm-dev] [VM-team] SerialPort updates (M7266) actions required

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Aug 22 20:43:27 UTC 2009

Well Macs don't have serial ports, at least not the ones that were
built after 1998.
The macintosh serial port source just stubs out the logic when we
moved from Carbon to OS-X in 2002.
I do note where people use *serial* device like things is for MIDI,
but the MIDI plugin for OS-X talks to the
quicktime interface when interacts with the USB *serial* like midi
devices.

However once Ian confirms the changes are done, I can just swap in the
unix serial support which
might help some folks that have obscure serial like USB devices.

Lastly there are some USB plugins around that let folks talk to USB
devices (very custom needs).

--
=
=