[Vm-dev] SerialPlugin (was: Resource Directory support for Windows (VM 4.2.1Beta Window version ?))

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Aug 26 10:38:52 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 10:45:33PM -0700, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Okay, 3.11.4 is in place now. I had to fix several issues in the serial
> port code which didn't even compile so I'm certain nobody has tested
> that code yet. If there is anyone out there who wants to try it, please
> give it a shot to see if it actually works as advertised. Other than
> that the VM should work just as well as 3.11.3.

Actually we need confirmation that the SerialPlugin works properly
on Windows *and* on unix. Specifically, we need someone to confirm
that they can communicate with some real USB serial gadget using the
named primitives on Linux, and we need someone to confirm that the
existing serial primitive support is not broken on Windows (and
hopefully that accessing 'COM1' also works).

Severin Lemaignan has previously verified that the changes (from
Mantis 7266) worked for him on Linux, but the platform sources have
changed since then so we need to recheck it.

Dave