[Vm-dev] RFC: Unix 3.11.3-2116 VM

Ian Piumarta piumarta at speakeasy.net
Mon Aug 31 18:28:59 UTC 2009

Hi Eliot,

On Aug 31, 2009, at 10:49 AM, Eliot Miranda wrote:

> Does the build still create symbolic links

I don't create any symlinks, either during the build or during the
install.  There are still two in the unix/doc directory.  I assume
these are irrelevant.

> At Qwaq we [...] keep the Unix vm in a gzipped tar file [...]
> unpacking the tar, and doing a diff -r, which is tedious.

For a small, tax-deductible donation I'm sure I could figure out how
to do without symlinks.

Oh, wait.  I already did.  There goes my fund-raising plan.

Cheers,
Ian