[Vm-dev] Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Unix updates

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 19:36:37 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 16 December 2009 11:47:50 pm José Luis Redrejo wrote:

> b) has caused the current delay in Debian, because I've been waiting for  6
> months, just in case anybody wants to help. I've already given up, so I
>  will upload the latest version before the end of this month. Before the
>  setting up of the collaborative project I kept the squeak-vm very updated
>  in Debian. In fact  I used to compile it from svn, to get the latest
>  patches, trying to make the images work with the newest plugins.
José,

What do you think of the new launcher scripts - squeak and squeak.sh? Do they
have enough flexibility for a distro packager?

Building plugins is currently painful, I agree. Perhaps there should be two
packages - squeakvm  (runtime) and squeakvm-dev (plugin development).

(branching this discussion to vm-dev)

Subbu