[Vm-dev] oopForPointer in external plugins

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun Dec 20 23:26:13 UTC 2009

Ok I closed
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7431
because it seemed my ft2plugin image was data and didn't have the latest interpreter changes.

However now I have

	byteSize = interpreterProxy->byteSizeOf((oopForPointer( aByteArray ) - 4));

but since

# define oopForPointer(ptr)		((sqInt)(((char *)(ptr)) - (sqMemoryBase)))

then  sqMemoryBase becomes an issue because the external plugin is not linkable due to the missing reference.
So do we need to add something to the VM interpreter api  or will I see if we can weak-link this var in?

John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>   Twitter:  squeaker68882