[Vm-dev] Building a 64-bit VM for FreeBSD

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Feb 12 12:53:18 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 10:08:53AM +0100, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On 12.02.2009, at 06:12, David T. Lewis wrote:
>
> >I am attaching two files to show the complete build process on a
> >64-bit Linux system. I expect that it should work exactly the same
> >on your 64-bit FreeBSD.
>

> If the goal is just to make a usable VM on a 64-bit Linux system, is
> the VMMaker step necessary? I thought not, but if the sources fail to
> compile out-of-the-box then we should try to fix that.

I guess that the platforms/unix/src sources should work in principle,
although I would not be surprised if there are problems when compiling
on a 64-bit system. The platforms/unix/src source probably contain
source for plugins that have not been updated for 64-bit.

Personally, I'm just in the habit of using VMMaker and I tend to
think of the platforms/unix/src files as something that is there
mainly for reference.