[Vm-dev] Unix VM closure enabled?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Jul 17 15:09:26 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 01:23:55PM +0200, Damien Cassou wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 12:56 AM, Andreas Raab<andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
> > In any case, what is the process that users have to go through to get a
> > closure-enabled VM on their preferred Unix flavor?
>
> Download the 'GNU/Linux and other Unix' VM from:
> http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download
>
> I've also attached a README.

Damien,

Thanks for the link.

Andreas,

I repeated the test of loading closure support from your MCUpdateTest
update stream, this time using the Pharo (Exupery) 32-bit Linux VM
rather than my homebrew 64-bit VM. The results are the same, with the
load stopping in the preamble to Compiler-ar.70.

So with respect to running the closure bytecode support, there is no
evidence of a difference between the VM compiled for 32 bit pointers
(Exupery build) versus a VM compiled for 64 bit pointers.