[Vm-dev] Multiple images listening on same TCP port

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Jun 10 08:01:31 UTC 2009

Adrian Lienhard wrote:
> Either by dragging the image on the icon of the already running VM in
> the dock, or by double clicking on the image.
>
> Can somebody reproduce this or am I seeing ghosts?

Well, there are strange things on the Mac in some ways. I don't recall
but didn't John have to do special black magic to make this work at all
(the Mac with its resistance to launching another instance of an app if
one is running already)? Perhaps it's the side effect of doing a fork()
that clones that socket handle implicitly?

Cheers,
   - Andreas