[Vm-dev] behavior issues with windows vm?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Jun 19 06:30:59 UTC 2009

This fails on windows VM
> StandardFileStream forceNewFileNamed: 'ConflictChecker.log'.

if you invoke in SystemDictionary>>send: toClassesNamedIn:with:
at startup time

but it works on mac/linux

after all startup runs  then

> StandardFileStream forceNewFileNamed: 'ConflictChecker.log'.

works on windows

why it fails is a bit hard to track since the failure results in a
image Ui that
does not respond to keyboard, clicks etc.

No doubt it is because FileDirectory>>startUp has not run  yet.

Of course what I'm tracking is why my WikiServer image does not show
the window when you start it.
Attempting to add the traceing to log file, which then causes the
walkback then does show the window.

I'm sure at some point here I'll get far enough along to see what
window specific behaviour is causing failure in the
startup: processing.

--
=
=