[Vm-dev] Closure conversion in 3.10

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Mar 7 07:20:01 UTC 2009

Hi Eliot -

I've just successfully converted a 3.10.2 image to closures (see
follow-on message to Squeak-dev). In the process, the following three
problems occurred:

1) DecompilerTests is not present in 3.10 and PreRecompilationPatches.st
doesn't load unless you remove the modification to DecompilerTests.

2) #isMessageNode is not understood by ParseNode or MessageNode but sent
in the recompilation process. I'm not sure where this is coming from (or
where it should be); it could be a bug in 3.10.

3) Recompilation of Preferences results in spurious ERROR listings in
the transcript during recompilation. Again, no idea where this comes from.

Other than that the conversion went entirely flawless.

Cheers,
   - Andreas