[Vm-dev] squeak on opensolaris 2009.06

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun Nov 8 21:06:46 UTC 2009

That's because in
void sqSocketConnectToPort(SocketPtr s, sqInt addr, sqInt port)

       result= connect(SOCKET(s), (struct sockaddr *)&saddr, sizeof
(saddr));

does not check for

  [EINTR]            Its execution was interrupted by a signal.

which should cause a retry condition.

The  sqUnixSocket.c  is extremely poor in it's ability to handle EINTR
return code.
You could check with whoever support that code and see if it can be
fixed.

Also I recall something about you being able to turn timer interrupts
off via a unix squeak cmd line option which might help a bit?

--
=
=