[Vm-dev] Setting up a VMMaker image

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Nov 11 04:52:08 UTC 2009

Brief update:

Torsten Bergmann wrote:
> 1. Is nuking the Win32VMMaker and loading the one from
>    "platforms\win32\build\Win32VMMaker.st" still required
>    as described on http://squeakvm.org/win32/compiling.html?

The web page has been fixed.

> 4. When I make the freetype plugin an internal plugin (to distribute
>    VM with all plugins + image only) I get:
>
>    ./obj/vm/FT2Plugin.lib(FT2Plugin.o.b): In function `initialiseModule':
>    //C/squeak/vmmaker/vm/3115/testbuild/obj/FT2Plugin/../.././src/FT2Plug   in/FT2Plugin.c:419: undefined reference to `FT_Init_FreeType'

This is a linker issue; freetype.a isn't included in the final VM link
which it needs if you want to make FT2Plugin internal. I'm not sure how
to deal with it in the long term, for now you can add the following line
to winbuild/Makefile (after the STDLIBS definition):

STDLIBS += ../platforms/win32/plugins/FT2Plugin/freetype.a

Cheers,
   - Andreas