[Vm-dev] Setting up a VMMaker image

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 06:25:49 UTC 2009

2009/11/11 Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de>:

> Brief update:
>
> Torsten Bergmann wrote:
>>
>> 1. Is nuking the Win32VMMaker and loading the one from
>> "platforms\win32\build\Win32VMMaker.st" still required
>>   as described on http://squeakvm.org/win32/compiling.html?
>
> The web page has been fixed.
>
>> 4. When I make the freetype plugin an internal plugin (to distribute
>>   VM with all plugins + image only) I get:
>>
>>   ./obj/vm/FT2Plugin.lib(FT2Plugin.o.b): In function `initialiseModule':
>>   //C/squeak/vmmaker/vm/3115/testbuild/obj/FT2Plugin/../.././src/FT2Plug
>> in/FT2Plugin.c:419: undefined reference to `FT_Init_FreeType'
>
> This is a linker issue; freetype.a isn't included in the final VM link which
> it needs if you want to make FT2Plugin internal. I'm not sure how to deal
> with it in the long term, for now you can add the following line to
> winbuild/Makefile (after the STDLIBS definition):
>
> STDLIBS += ../platforms/win32/plugins/FT2Plugin/freetype.a

Yeah.
The solution is to change the main makefile to include
'makefile.extras' (if it exists), which should be located in plugin
dirs,
so in such  'makefile.extras' one could write:

STDLIBS += ../platforms/win32/plugins/FT2Plugin/freetype.a

but i don't remember the syntax for file inclusion, and not sure that
make utility in Win32-Tools-1.2.zip  supports includes.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.