[Vm-dev] FFI for Squeak 3.8 Open Cobalt

Gary Dunn osp at aloha.com
Thu Nov 12 22:57:26 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 09:49 -1000, Gary Dunn wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 22:22 -0800, Andreas Raab wrote:
[snip]
> > If that passes, you should run "FFITester testAll" next to ensure that
> > the FFI is working properly in your environment.
>
> This generates an error "Unable to find function address" at the first
> test in testAll. errCode is 13.
>

> > When that works, it's time to try launching OpenGL via:
> >
> > 	(OpenGL newIn: (0 at 0 corner: 100 at 100))
> > 		clearWindow: #(1 0 0 1);
> > 		swapBuffers.
> >
> I did not attempt ... should I?
>
> I am thinking I should compare the methods added when I load
> SqueakFFIPrims to my squeak3.10 image to the methods in the cobalt
> image, to see if SqueakFFIPrims is loaded. After I go out and enjoy the
> beautiful day a bit.

I loaded FFI 3.9 into a squeak session using my 3.9 VM and image from
FreeBSD ports. There is no FFITester but I did find a unit test. All
twenty-one unit tests failed, apparently for the same reason, unable to
find function address.

Did same for my 3.10 image, same results. I must be missing something!

--
Gary Dunn, Honolulu
osp at aloha.com
http://openslate.net/