[Vm-dev] Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Test breaking mouse-wheel scrolling (was: Re: Re: Test failures in trunk)

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 17:09:03 UTC 2009

2009/11/18 Ronald Spengler <ron.spengler at gmail.com>:

> Where do you stop with that? The Mac (and some windows mice+drivers)
> lets you scroll in 360 degrees.

Oh... don't let me starting on this :)
I think that Squeak should transparently allow interacting with all
HIDs available on market:
touchscreen, mices , voice control , joystick etc etc ;)

But to be serious.. a first mouse with scrolling wheel appeared long
ago (in scale of computer's evolution).
And most OS-es and GUIs have standartized these input events during
last decade.
And frankly, i don't see a reason, why Squeak VM still using
workarounds for delivering these events to image side.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.