[Vm-dev] ffi-test-main.c fails on FreeBSD

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Nov 27 15:13:05 UTC 2009

On 27.11.2009, at 01:44, Gary Dunn wrote:

> [...] SqueakFFIPrims on FreeBSD mystery.
> Not there, but as you suggest later it might be 'built-in'

Unlikely. Under normal conditions it is built externally.

> The Makefile in /usr/ports/lang/squeak/work/Squeak-3.9-7/build begins
> with:

Did you try the latest sources yet? I mean from squeakvm.org, not the ports.

> That's it for now, it's time to feast. I will keep on poking, and
> certainly appreciate any and all help.

The ffi-test-main.c failing may be a red herring. Not sure anybody ever used that do it may suffer from bit rot.

Try building am VM from the current source, and if it does not work (it is supposed to), report back with the logs from the build process and describe the failure.

- Bert -