[Vm-dev] iPhone security (Re: Squeak + Android and Dalvik!?)

Ian Piumarta piumarta at speakeasy.net
Fri Oct 23 03:58:16 UTC 2009

On Oct 22, 2009, at 8:47 PM, Ronald Spengler wrote:

> I am uncertain whether it's presently okay or not okay (it's been both
> okay and not okay at different times) to reproduce any part of the SDK
> agreement, so I'll just point at section 3.3.2.

3.3.2	An Application may not itself install or launch other executable
code by any means, including without limitation through the use of a
plug-in architecture, calling other frameworks, other APIs or
otherwise. No interpreted code may be downloaded and used in an
Application except for code that is interpreted and run by Apple's
Published APIs and built- in interpreter(s).