[Vm-dev] Re: RFC: Unix 3.11.3-2116 VM

David Farber dfarber at numenor.com
Tue Sep 1 16:09:57 UTC 2009

On Sep 1, 2009, at 9:28 AM, Ian Piumarta wrote:

> Is enabling IMAGE_DUMP in sqUnixMain.c sufficient for what you
> need?  We could also have an option that names an image dump file,
> disabling the dump if no name is given but still printing the stack.

I was looking at this code earlier this year.  I couldn't convince
myself that the resulting image would actually be usable.  If the VM
just dumps the image, then won't you (at the very least) lose all
your file handles including the handle to the changes file?  And if
you've lost your handle to the changes file then the image won't, for
any practical purposes be usable.

Am I missing something?

David