[Vm-dev] vmmaker.h?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 22:01:27 UTC 2009

2009/9/2 Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>:

> On 02.09.2009, at 23:38, Igor Stasenko wrote:

>> i think, it would be much better to have:
>> #define VMMAKER_VERSION  "VMMaker-dtl.138"
>>
>> and also, maybe:
>> #define VMMAKER_DATESTAMP  "3 Sep 2009 10:05 pm"
>
> That could be in addition to the actual version. But a release numbering
> scheme makes much more sense. Glad Dave introduced it.

oh, it looks like i missed something,
but hey, what is the reason to introduce the numbering, while we
already having a numbering
scheme which going straight from MC?
I think its a most easiest way for anyone to tell: i have a VM , based
on VMMaker-bla-bla
instead of X.Y.Z
so, you can quickly determine where you should look at and try to fix it ,
instead of "converting" a numeric version to corresponding MC package.
As to me it looks like an unnecessary brain muscles excersise :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.