[Vm-dev] vmmaker.h?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Sep 2 22:54:18 UTC 2009

Igor Stasenko wrote:
> Ask yourself, do you want to be in place of such pool soul?

Yes. Absolutely, 100%, yes. If that is *actually* an issue (which it has
never been in the past) I'd be happy to include the VMMaker MCZ that was
used in the source release.

The thing that I *don't* want is to ship versions of VMs where an
end-user needs to figure out whether she is going to use
"SqueakVM-Win32-ar.467" or "SqueakVM-Win32-dtl.468". These numbering
schemes make no sense whatseover outside of this tiny community.

I like schemes that are roughly in sync with the image release. That way
a user who has a Squeak-3.5 image has a chance to figure out that in
order to run it they probably need a Squeak-3.5.x VM.

Cheers,
   - Andreas