[Vm-dev] Alien support in standard VM?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Sep 30 01:27:25 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 10:39:32AM +0200, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> Any news on this?

John,

Can you offer any guidance on this?

I have not looked at this in any detail, but it look like the
Alien-VMMaker-Support package could potentially be merged into VMMaker
(assuming MIT license for those changes), and the remainder of the
Alien on SqueakSource should be maintained as a separate package,
as is already the case.

I have not tried building the Alien support, but I appears that for
32-bit Intel platforms it would be a matter of building the plugin
from sources in Alien-VMMaker-Plugins. The remainder would be image
changes to be loaded from the remaining packages in Alien from your
SqueakSource project.

Is that correct?