[Vm-dev] Linux binaries

Markus Lampert markuslampert at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 10 02:19:58 UTC 2010

Hey Ian,

haven't done packaging before, but I have to support multiple versions of Linux for 64 and 32 bit. The way I do it is to install s chroot environment for each combination.
My desktop is a 64bit AMD Debian and the projects I compile are for 32 and 64 SuSe, multiple service packs and versions. Never had a problem with that.

The biggest hurdle is usually to setup the basic chroot system so you can chroot into it and load Linux packages from within the root environment. Depending on your Linux distribution it might be provided for you (if you use Debian, debootstrap is your friend).

Hope this helps,
Markus