[Vm-dev] Re: UUID as internal (was 4.0.3.2196 for Unix)

Ian Piumarta piumarta at speakeasy.net
Wed Apr 14 16:29:52 UTC 2010

On Apr 14, 2010, at 9:08 AM, Eliot Miranda wrote:

> I wouldn't have thought that CFLAGS was where this belongs.  LDFLAGS
> or some such.  Can you check that the libtool

libtool (along with all auto* tools) was removed from the Unix build
process in September of last year.

> invocation includes  -Wl,-Bsymbolic?

"configure --CFLAGS=x" sets CMAKE_C_FLAGS=x and the latter should
indeed be passed to the link command.

Laurent: to confirm this, go to your build directory, delete squeakvm,
then run "make VERBOSE=1" and scroll up to the link command (which
will be just under a line highlighted in red, assuming your terminal
does colour).

Cheers,
Ian