[Vm-dev] Re: Problem compiling Mac VM

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Apr 30 15:35:17 UTC 2010

On 2010-04-30, at 5:12 AM, David T. Lewis wrote:

> This thread ("Problem compiling Mac VM") seems to be a good example
> of the point you are making. I wonder what John and Ian think?
>
> Dave

Well the microsecond timer was announced to the dev list in early january, discussed by some people
altered, then pushed as a commit (again email) April 1st. etc etc.  Some parties claim they missed the
activity.

However this goes all the way back to Ken Beck's discussion of having a publicly visible SUnit test machine
that flags when a person sticks something into the production queue as being faulty.

In this case I'd agree having a  server farm to run the platform compiles to ensure everything compiles after changes
to SVN or to VMMaker would make sense. Sometimes It's difficult to determine if a change will impact other platforms.

John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>   Twitter:  squeaker68882