[Vm-dev] getVMParameters broken

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Aug 14 19:44:08 UTC 2010

On 2010-08-14, at 11:36 AM, David T. Lewis wrote:
>> Is this really the case?  If so, I think it is completely unnecessary.  In
>> the Cog VM I also use microseconds to sum GC times but when they are
>> answered through getVMParameters they are converted to milliseconds
>> (dividing by 1000 is not hard to do).  So why change the external interface
>> of the primitive when so much existing code depends on it?
>>
>> confused,
>> Eliot

Ya, guilty, there should be a check in the vmStatisticsReportString to see if the primitiveMicrosecondClock is there
then do the division, you could do the division in the prim, but I'd rather just make the raw micro seconds available to the
client, otherwise you just end up adding rounding errors to whatever calculations/decisions he is making.

John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>   Twitter:  squeaker68882