[Vm-dev] Re: [squeak-dev] Daily Commit Log

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 00:28:28 UTC 2010

Hi David,

    any chance of getting you to retract this?  The Cog VM has 64-bit UTC &
local microseconds from the Smalltalk epoch (1901), which are hence easier
to use as a basis for the Squeak clock and still last for ~ 54,000 years.
 I'd like to see the Cog and standard VMs converge on a primitive set.  This
is an issue for me since changing the epoch is, I think, an unnecessary
change.

best
Eliot