[Vm-dev] Recursive not understood error encountered

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.com
Sun Dec 5 07:53:29 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck
<marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi. I am still playing with Objects as methods, and I am having yet another kind of crash :(
> This time, the image crash with the message "Recursive not understood error encountered".
> I am completly sure that I am not putting ANY proxy for any method of DNU, so I don't understand why I get this error.

Without understanding the details of what you're doing, let me offer
this: try looking for objects that don't inherit from Object. Even if
you aren't proxying #doesNotUnderstand:, you can get a recursive DNU
if an object that doesn't understand #doesNotUnderstand: gets
*another* message it doesn't understand.

Hope this helps.

Colin