[Vm-dev] Recursive not understood error encountered

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 08:38:20 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 9:07 PM, John M McIntosh <
johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> wrote:

> Mariano, knowing that ProtoObject  does understand doesnotunderstand via is
> not enough. There are a dozen or two other methods needed
> in order for a debugger to come up, even to invoke an inspector on
> ProtoObject subclasses.

Yes, I know that. I even had to implement few extra methods on ProtoObject
in order to bring up a debugger. What how is this related to the "Recursive
not understood error encountered" crash ?  or this is just extra help
information ? ;)

> You should look at the Objective-C bridge I wrote  , the Objective-C proxy
> object  that is based on ProtoObject and contains the
> required methods to ensure a debugger will come up. It *does* override does
> not understand so it can transform the unknown
> message into a primitive call.

Excellent!! How can I load such code?  (squeaksource is down now and I
cannot search)

Thanks John!

Mariano