[Vm-dev] Compact class question

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 17:46:20 UTC 2010

Hi Yoshiki

>> With respect to what we are doing. We are porting MicroSqueak to
>> Pharo. MicroSqueak could be useful for teaching. The next step(we are
>> also working in parallel on this) is to build kernel images but
>> different from MicroSqueak. In order to do that, we need to remove all
>> the bad dependencies on the kernel classes and clean up the Pharo
>> image.
>>
>> What are you doing with MicroSqueak?
>
>  Cool, and thank you.  In some ways, what we are doing is similar; we
> wrote an app in Squeak but trying to understand what other parts of
> Squeak the app is using and going from bottom up sounds like an
> intersting idea.

Our goal is to bootstrap the system so in the process we are cleaning a lot of dependencies
and misplaced behavior.  I did not get what was your approach.
We tried to several onces before microsqueak came in our radar.
	- selecting classes and recompiling them in another environment filled with stub.
	- building analysis tools on top of Moose to identify dependencies

Stef