[Vm-dev] Re: Mac + Cog - mouse clicks

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Dec 24 03:17:06 UTC 2010

On 12/23/2010 7:11 PM, John M McIntosh wrote:

> $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
>
> So it has come to pass. Steve Jobs, the polo-necked Apple chief, described this week by US president Barack Obama as the “epitome of the American dream”, is the Financial Times’ Person of the Year.
>
> http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a420b564-0eef-11e0-9ec3-00144feabdc0.html
>
> {I would not be surprised if you can view that, it's all about $$$}
>
> And you too can pay the fee...
>
> Seriously tho I think the industry is moving towards signing binaries.

That seems pretty obvious and is admittedly a Very Good Idea. I don't
think it would be a problem for us (i.e., squeak.org) to get a
certificate and sign all "official" VMs. In fact, I'd be all in favor of
that; it illustrates that you're getting the "approved" versions from
your favorite vendor :-)

Cheers,
   - Andreas