[Vm-dev] Re: FFI crashes VM on Linux (was: Z3950 on OSX: module yaz3 not found)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Dec 24 15:28:19 UTC 2010

Hern??n,

A segmentation fault that occurs when calling the function in an
external library would most likely indicate that the arguments being
passed to the library function are not correct for some reason.
Probably it is something related to the ExternalStructure as you
mention.

You must use a normal 32-bit VM and 32-bit libraries. I think that
you are doing this, but I mention it because using 64-bit VM or
libraries will definitely crash FFI.
  <http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7237>

Dave