[Vm-dev] Cog Carbon vs Cog Cocoa

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 17:42:06 UTC 2010

Hi Igor, as I said by chat, the real problem is that "carbon" is legacy code for macs... and we don't know if it will be present in next OSX release. Ok, maybe the next will have it, but I bet it wont be indefinitely, and probably wont be there in the release after Lion.
Also, AFAIK, carbon API is mostly unattended...
The whole Mac OS branch (non-cog) will be just maintained because there are a lot of macs running non-intel platform (where the cog doesn't run anyway), and it's needed mainly for eToys (but also some other work).
So, next week I will extend your cmake generator for Cocoa Cog... and I don't think it worths to keep the other one.

Cheers,
Esteban