[Vm-dev] Re: [squeak-dev] Cog VM app icon

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 21:30:55 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 8:40 AM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes. Pharo seems having nice icons
>
> I like the 'pharo-icon.icns' which can be found in:
>
> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/22309/pharo.zip
>
> But that is for Pharo.
>
> I think that Cog VM deserves to have own default icon.
> And only if it packaged with some other stuff (like pharo-one-click)
> it then could be changed
> to something else like pharo icon.
>
> The only logo i found is on Eliot's blog page
> http://www.mirandabanda.org/images/LooneyCogSketchSolidSmall.gif
>
> But its dimensions is 125px × 145px
>
> It would be good have it in high res, like 512 × 512 (one of the Mac's
> standard icon size)

that would be my preference.  The Croquet icon came from the desire to brand
Teleplace's Cog VM as a Croquet VM because we're using Croquet.  But if
we're going to use a different icon I would very much like it to be derived
from the looney gears CoG in a wheel idea.  It's distinctive and Cog is a
good name for a VM (for lots of reasons).