[Vm-dev] asserta(newUtcMicrosecondClock >= utcMicrosecondClock) failing

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 15:56:38 UTC 2010

Hi everybody. I hope you are enjoying a wonderful and happy Christmas.

Yesterday something weird happened with my cog vm. This assert was failing:

"newUtcMicrosecondClock >= utcMicrosecondClock 127"

a lot of times...

I checked and this is line 127 of sqUnixHeartbeat.c. I am in a MacOS vm, but
it seems that file is used anyway.

Now...I have no idea why this assert was failing, nor its severity. What
does it mean? there is something wrong?  where can I take a look?

It seems it is not easy to reproduce :(

Thanks in advance,

Mariano