[Vm-dev] FloatMathPlugin crashes the VM if compiled with gcc optimization

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sun Dec 26 22:32:01 UTC 2010

On 12/26/2010 10:19 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:
> low level C code which pretending to know how to do it 'right' +
> C compiler , who also knowing how to do it 'right' ===>>  mess in result :)

Well, I'm sorry but the C code does bit manipulation according to IEEE
754 so it's hard to blame that code for overly aggressive gcc
optimizations. FWIW, the FloatMathPlugin must also be compiled with
-mno-fused-madd as this would produce another source of differences
depending on whether a compiler chooses to use fmadd or not.

Cheers,
   - Andreas