[Vm-dev] VM Maker: CMakeVMMaker-Igor.Stasenko.7.mcz

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 15:46:42 UTC 2010

yeah... even then, I prefer subclassing. I think most of the times the configurations will be not combinable, and I also think is better to rule the generality than the exception.
And maybe we can create a "composite configuration" CMakeCompositeConfig with all the configurations you want combined... then you have the best of the two words :)

Cheers,
Esteban

El 29/12/2010, a las 12:38p.m., Igor Stasenko escribió:

> On 29 December 2010 16:27, Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I vote for subclassing :)
>>

> well, the problem is that
> you could use multiple options, like
>
> +debug +console
>
> or
>
> +debug +windowed
>

> or
>
> + release +console
> etc
>
> which means that for every build variant(s) combinations you will need
> a separate class.
>
> But the bright side of subclassing is, of course, that you don't need
> to put branches everywhere,
> like crazy. :)
>

>> El 29/12/2010, a las 11:58a.m., Igor Stasenko escribió:
>>

>>> what is left is to:
>>> - add support for build variants
>>>

>>> But there is a question:
>>> should i introduce variants using same configuration class, i.e.:
>>>
>>> CMakeVMGenerator new generate: CogMacOSConfig release.
>>> CMakeVMGenerator new generate: CogMacOSConfig debug.
>>>

>>> or it is better to use subclasses:
>>>
>>> CMakeVMGenerator new generate: CogMacOSConfigRelease.
>>> CMakeVMGenerator new generate: CogMacOSConfigDebug.
>>>
>>> I'm not sure how to better organize it, because on windoze, one might
>>> want to build:
>>>
>>> [debug] [trace] command-line
>>> or