[Vm-dev] linux thread priorities

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Feb 4 05:44:19 UTC 2010

Well mmm doesn't the checkForInterrupts code get called every 1 millisecond (or there about?)
Can't you add something there to ensure your sound logic doesn't starve.

Hint if checkForInterrupts is not being called every ms or so how do you ensure delay accuracy is to a ms boundary?

next hint if checkForInterrupts is being called 10 times a millisecond then isn't that wasteful, should you be grinding smalltalk bytecodes or assembler instructions there of?

John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>   Twitter:  squeaker68882