[Vm-dev] Error after building.

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 07:17:49 UTC 2010

On Saturday 06 February 2010 09:12:32 am Andrey Larionov wrote:
> I download source distribution of latest available VM (3.11.3). Run
> configure, which notifies my about disabling vm-sound-OSS, but after
> building ./squeak script, try to start vm with vm-sound-OSS plugin.
> And fail.
For any driver, the dependencies are listed in the file config.cmake in that
build directory. For vm-sound-OSS, you need to install libasound library
(libasound2 package).

You can also override the default OSS driver with:
  ./squeak -vm-sound-ALSA
or
 ./squeak -vm-sound-pulse

> Also i want to ask, is there any installation target in build files?
The installation target is specified at configure time. e.g.
  ./configure --prefix=/opt/squeak

HTH .. Subbu