[Vm-dev] Question about primitives

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Feb 8 19:04:12 UTC 2010

Well you can VMMaker(er) up all the C code for building an interpreter, but you'll get a bunch of missing procedures, those are platform specific support api.

For porting hopefully I've identified all the platform specific code  here.

http://isqueak.org/PlatformVMAPI

This excludes things like unix(like) file system and socket support.  Usually you find the platform has support for unix sockets and file system, so the common code is used.

John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>   Twitter:  squeaker68882